Whole-House Humidifiers and Dehumidifiers
We think about a balanced diet and a balanced lifestyle.
Let’s take steps to balance the relative humidity inside your Illinois home. Doing so will improve your indoor air quality (IAQ), your comfort, and your health.
The ideal humidity level inside your home is between 30 and 50 percent. Anything lower than 30 percent, and you experience dry air that leads to sore throats, allergies, and other issues. Humidity levels above 50 percent invite mold, mildew, and musty odors. It also affects anyone with respiratory problems.
Your solution, depending on the humidity levels inside your Lemont home, is to install a whole-house humidifier or dehumidifier. You can count on ComforTemp Heating & Air Conditioning to help you determine the best equipment for your household. We specialize in heating, cooling, and air quality solutions for homes of all sizes. Give us a call for a free consultation.
Why Do I Need a Whole-House Humidifier?
A humidifier is a perfect choice for adding moisture into the air—especially during the colder months when you run your furnace and close your windows. Here are some of the benefits you’ll enjoy:
- Anyone in your home with allergies or asthma will benefit from an appropriate level of moisture in the air.
- Provide relief from the cold, flu, and other upper respiratory symptoms. Balancing the humidity inside your home will soothe your dry and irritated throat, nose, and sinuses.
- Tired of constantly coughing, wheezing, and sneezing? Do you have trouble breathing? A humidifier helps to manage your symptoms by offering just enough moisture in the air to calm flare-ups.
- Protect your furniture. Low humidity levels can cause wood can create splits, cracks, and chips in your wood floors, cabinets, and furniture.
- Protect your skin! Dry air can result in chapped skin and lips. Moisturizing your skin and using lip balm can help treat the symptoms, but a humidifier targets the problem by adding enough moisture to keep your skin and lips feeling smooth and free from severe cracking.
- Sleep better at night. The extra moisture makes the air easier to breathe, which is particularly helpful if you struggle with allergies, asthma, or lung problems and have trouble sleeping.
Our licensed team at ComforTemp Heating & Air Conditioning can recommend the right humidifier for your home, one that meets your needs and fits your budget. Call us today.
Why Do I Need a Whole-House Dehumidifier?
Does your Lemont home sometimes feel like a rain forest? Here are a few of the more common issues you’ll experience with high humidity levels inside your home:
- Mold and mildew issues. Mold is all around us, but particularly in damp areas. Mold can create health issues and eventually destroy the things it lives on. It can even compromise the integrity of a building. Mildew is an eyesore, while mold penetrates and destroys.
- Kill all dust mites! Dust mites need a relative humidity level of around 65 percent to thrive. Drying out the air in your home controls dust mites and keeps those allergy triggers to a minimum. Eliminating mold and dust also helps keep away crawling critters such as spiders and cockroaches.
- Peeling paint, curling wallpaper? Excess condensation loves to hang around on your walls. Eventually, it will cause paint to flake and wallpaper to curl. Adding another layer will not cure the problem—you need to balance the humidity.
- Feeling warped? Too much moisture in the air can warp and rot your wood furniture.
- Feeling tired? Excess moisture makes it more difficult to breathe, particularly if you have asthma.
Adding a dehumidifier will create a more comfortable environment for you and your loved ones to enjoy. You can trust ComforTemp Heating & Air Conditioning to offer you the best solutions toward creating a healthy home. Schedule an appointment online for a free consultation.
Installing Your Whole-House Humidifier or Dehumidifier
These systems seamlessly integrate with your heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) equipment to provide comfort throughout your entire home. Our team takes great pride in our reputation for installing systems the right way so that they operate at optimal efficiency for years to come.
Buying the right away is a great start—you can count on ComforTemp Heating & Air Conditioning to install it correctly.
Repairing Your Whole-House Humidifier or Dehumidifier
Water levels, stuck valves, a buildup of mineral deposits—these issues could cause problems with your whole-house humidifier. A humming sound could indicate a problem with the motor.
In many instances, we fix dehumidifiers that broke from being installed incorrectly. As with all your HVAC equipment, take the time to be sure you are working with a contractor that knows how to install machinery the right way. If someone is taking shortcuts, you’ll end up paying for it in the long run.
Our team will never replace a part unless necessary or if we can demonstrate significant cost savings. Call us right away if you need something repaired.
We offer 24/7 emergency repair services to be there when you need us.
Maintaining Your Whole House-Humidifier or Dehumidifier
Regularly emptying the water tray, cleaning the coils, and changing the filters are a few steps you can take to ensure your humidifier or dehumidifier runs at peak capacity. Sometimes a dehumidifier fails to run because the humidistat is faulty.
By scheduling annual tune-ups with ComforTemp Heating & Air Conditioning, you can enjoy peace of mind knowing a trusted professional is watching over your HVAC system. Planned maintenance plays a vital role in getting the most value out of your equipment.
Be sure to ask about our Comfort Club designed to save you money on service calls, repairs, and parts.
Give Us a Call Today
Get the most comfort out of your Lemont, IL, home. Schedule a free consultation with ComforTemp Heating & Air Conditioning to learn more about humidifiers, dehumidifiers, and other systems designed to improve your air quality and health. Call us at (630) 425-6943 or request service online today.